ArE you rEady for “thE toughEst suMMEr you will EvEr lovE”?
RCSummer 2017 counselor application dates will be announced later.
RCSummer 2016 Counselor Application Dates:
Wednesday, January 6th - Friday, March 4th 2016
(After 4th of March applications will be considered depending on the need of the program)
RCSummer is an English language based day program for participants between the ages of 8 to 14, at Robert College (for more information about Robert College please go to www.robcol.k12.tr). Most participants are Turkish. We are looking for counselors who are passionate and excited about sharing their skills and interests with young people. Counselors will be asked to be role models and lead participants in a variety of activities, ALL IN ENGLISH!
The program consists of two sessions. Applications for both sessions are preferred but applications for one session will be considered.
RCSUMMER 2016 PROGRAM DATES
1st Session: Sunday, June 19th - Saturday, July 30th 2016
(Including one week of orientation between Sunday, June 19th - Sunday, June 26th 2016 and one week of Bayram Holiday between Monday, July 4th - Friday, July 8th 2016)
2nd Session: Sunday, July 24th - Saturday, August 20th 2016
(Including one week of orientation between Sunday, July 24th - Sunday, July 31st 2016)
Counselors are expected to arrive one day prior to the start of the orientation which lasts for a week. Counselors will be provided with on-campus housing in the Robert College Girls’ Residence. Travel expenses are not covered by RCSummer.
According to the information on your online application form, we will arrange a Skype/ phone or face to face interview.
Below is a brief counselor job description:
Counselors will be able to…
- ... work with young children between the ages 8 – 14
- ... interact with people of other cultures
- ... communicate fluently in English
- ... plan activities and manage their time well
- ... work together as a team
- ... be professional at all times
- ... take initiative, be creative and a problem solver
- ... complete pre-summer online training which we provide and do necessary research about the program theme
- ... to work extra hours to make the program as successful as possible
- ... engage young participants in entertaining activities
- ... care for the safety and the well-being of the participants
- ... be a good role model for the participants
For further questions please email us:
All proceeds from these programs are donated to the Robert College Scholarship Fund.
© Copyright 2015 RCSummer