Are you ready for “the toughest summer you will ever love”?
Counselor applications for RCSummer 2015 will be accepted from January 12th through February 2nd. Applications received after February 2nd may be considered depending on the needs of the program. Please scroll down for the requirements and the application forms.
RCSummer is an English language based day program for participants between the ages of 8 to 14, at Robert College (for more information about Robert College please go to www.robcol.k12.tr). Most participants are Turkish. We are looking for counselors who are passionate and excited about sharing their skills and interests with young people. Counselors will be asked to be role models and lead participants in a variety of activities, ALL IN ENGLISH!
The program consists of two sessions. Applications for both sessions are preferred but applications for one session will be considered.
1st Session Counselor Orientation: Sunday, June 21st – Sunday, June 28th 2015 (Mandatory)
1st Session Program: Monday, June 29th – Saturday, July 25th 2015
2nd Session Counselor Orientation: Sunday, July 19th – Sunday, July 26th 2015 (Mandatory)
2nd Session Program: Monday, July 27th- Saturday, August 15th 2015
Counselors are expected to arrive one day prior to the start of the orientation. Counselors will be provided with on - campus housing in the Robert College Girls’ Residence. Travel expenses are not covered by RCSummer.
According to the information on your online application form, we will arrange a Skype/ phone or face to face interview.
Below is a brief counselor job description:
Counselors will be able to…
- ... work with young children between the ages 8 – 14
- ... interact with people of other cultures
- ... communicate fluently in English
- ... plan activities and manage their time well
- ... work together as a team
- ... be professional at all times
- ... take initiative, be creative and a problem solver
- ... complete pre-summer online training which we provide and to do necessary research about the program theme
- ... to work extra hours to make the program as successful as possible
- ... engage young students in entertaining activities
- ... care for the safety and the well-being of the participants
- ... be a good role model for the participants
If you are a returning counselor click the link below!
If you are a first time counselor click the link below!
For further questions please email us:
All proceeds from these programs are donated to the Robert College Scholarship Fund.
© Copyright 2015 RCSummer