ARE YOU READY FOR THE BEST AND THE TOUGHEST SUMMER
YOU WILL EVER LOVE?
Thank you for your interest in working with us. RCSummer is an English summer day program for mostly Turkish children between the ages of 8 to 14 at Robert College, Istanbul. We are looking for college students or graduates of college who are passionate and excited about sharing their skills and interests with young people and will make magic happen in the process. We want to include great role models in our team to inspire, teach, and lead our participants to make the best of their summer experience in English. While inspiring them, you will be inspired. You will touch the lives of our participants with your dedication, love and care. This is a very demanding job but you will have a great team to help you out. You will make new friends with whom you will be sharing this passion. We believe that this will be the best experience you will never forget and the toughest summer you will ever love in your life.
Our program has two sessions, and you can choose to work in one or both of them.
1st Session Program: Monday, June 30th - Friday, July 25th
1st Session Counselor Orientation: Sunday, June 22nd - Sunday, June 29th
2nd Session Program: Monday, August 4th - Friday, August 22nd
2nd Session Counselor Orientation: Sunday, July 20th - Friday July 25th and Friday, August 1st – Sunday, August 3rd (in between are 5 days of national holiday)
All staff MUST be available to work during the counselor orientation as well as the day after the program is over for clean up/wrap up. You will be expected to arrive a day before your orientation date. Counselors will be provided with on - campus housing in a dormitory. Travel expenses are not covered by RCSummer.
As a counselor you will be expected to run, plan and organize many different activities during our camp day from 7:30 a.m. – 4.15 p.m. All counselors, regardless of their position, are bound by the expectation to perform any and all of the various unwritten tasks that are necessary for the continued smooth operation of the program. These tasks may be preparing for your activities and attending the after- camp meetings at the end of the camp day, cleaning up after the camp or any number of other tasks to maintain the overall success of the program.
Applications received by February 21st will be considered part of our second round of hiring. We will continue to consider applications on a rolling basis depending on our needs. According to information on your online application form, we will arrange a Skype or phone interview with you as soon as possible.
Job Description for Counselors:
College students or graduates of college who:
- believe safety always comes first
- have American, Canadian or Turkish passports
- are excited about working with mostly Turkish young children aged 8 - 14
- are open to interacting with people of other cultures
- have excellent spoken and written English
- have good communication skills
- have good planning skills
- are great team-workers
- are passionate about their skills and interests
- are committed to professionalism
- take their responsibilities seriously
- are willing to complete pre-summer online training which we provide and to do necessary research about the program theme
- are willing to work extra hours to make the program as successful as possible
- enjoy engaging young students in entertaining activities
- are willing to take initiative
- are creative
- are problem solvers
- care for the safety and the well-being of young students
- are good role models for the participants.
Start filling in RCSUMMER 2014 COUNSELOR APPLICATION NOW!!!
For further questions please email us: